The BC Health Coalition champions a strong public health care system that is there for all of us when we need it. We are a democratic, non-partisan, and consensus-based community of individuals and organizations that span the province of British Columbia. Together we advocate for evidence-based improvements to our public health care system, stimulate public education on health care issues, and drive positive change to our health care system through campaigns across the province.
|Our ongoing priorities include: defending public health care from legal attacks; advocating for improvements to home and long-term care services for seniors; producing research to advance evidence-based improvements to our public health care system; pushing for quality, accessible care before profit; and, advocating for team-based primary health care that is rooted in our communities.|
Our Campaigns and Advocacy
We run campaigns to strengthen and defend public health care. Check out our current work here. In the past, we have:
- Won legislation in B.C. to protect our public voluntary blood donation system
- Successfully advocated to scrap unfair MSP fees in BC by 2020
- Advocated for the creation of the office of the Seniors Advocate
- Won government commitment to real solutions to surgical and diagnostic wait times in B.C.
- Ran multiple election campaigns to encourage voters to support public health care champion candidates
- Advocated nationally for improvements to the public health system such as Pharmacare
Tuesday Andrich (she/her) is one of the labour co-chairs for the BCHC and she represents CUPE on the steering committee. Tuesday works in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside where she supports women and non-binary people in the community who are at risk of gendered violence. She has been a labour activist since 2015 when she was voluntold to sit on her workplace occupational health and safety committee and she hasn’t looked back since. Tuesday and her partner live in East Van which has been home to both of them for over 15 years. In her downtime she nurtures her indoor jungle, hikes, camps, and works on traditional handicrafts like braided rugs and pysanky.
This seat is currently vacant.