Thank you to more than 120 attendees (from all over the province!), 20 volunteers, 17 workshop presenters, and several dynamic speakers who joined us for the BC Health Coalition 2017 Conference in Vancouver.
- We heard from powerful speakers Jenny Morgan and Elder Roberta Price.
- We engaged in great workshops ranging from organizing to win a national drug plan, coalition-building, culturally competent care to poverty reduction.
- We had an excellent panel discussion with Marcy Cohen, Colleen Fuller, Ed Staples, Dr. Margaret McGregor, Anita Shen, and Kerrie Watt on how we can improve access to urban and rural primary health care.
- Chief Robert Chamberlin called on us to engage in societal change in addition to political change in the fight for decolonization in society and our health care system.
- BC Health Minister Adrian Dix shared insights into his priorities as health minister.
- And finally, during our AGM, we elected a new Steering Committee.
We are so glad to connect with so many of you--passionate and hard-working activists--fighting for stronger public health care in your communities.
The next step requires us to take action together.
Here are some things you can look forward to:
- Check out all of the great photos from the conference! Click here to view our Flickr photo album from both days of the conference.
- Follow us on social media! By liking us on Facebook and following us on Twitter, you’ll receive real time updates on campaigns, policy updates, and actions.
- A number of participants indicated you’d like to get involved more in the BC Health Coalition campaigns and work. We will follow up with you individually to talk more about what that looks like.
Become a member
And finally, we will only win a strong public health care system if our coalition is unified and strong. You are invited to become a member of the BC Health Coalition. In order to build on the momentum, we need your help to increase our collective power.
Edith and Rick
BC Health Coalition Co-Chairs