Membership in the BC Health Coalition is open to all organizations and individuals who support the principles of the Canada Health Act, oppose privatization of health care, and support the principles of the Canadian Health Coalition's Call to Care Statement.
- The members of the Coalition meet at least once a year, or as determined by the members.
- The BCHC is located in a community-based space, which is easily accessible to as many people as possible.
- Consensus decision-making governs the BC Health Coalition's meetings.
- The inability to pay a membership fee does not exclude anyone or any organization from coalition membership.
The suggested annual membership fees will be set on a sliding scale as follows:
- Membership Fees for community groups, coalitions, networks, locals, or "parts of larger groups" are:
- $25 for groups with under 100 members;
- $50 for groups with 101 - 1000 members; and
- $75 for groups with over 1000 members.
- Membership Fees for provincial or regional organizations are:
- $50 for groups with under 1000 members;
- $100 for groups with 1000 to 10,000 members; and
- $500 for groups with over 10,000 members.
Want to participate on one of our Working Groups or be actively involved in developing our campaigns? Become a member or renew your annual membership online HERE, or download and return a MEMBER FORM.
Individuals may become a member of the BCHC for a nominal fee of $10. Individual members are added to our mailing list and receive regular information about BCHC campaigns. Members may be contacted with opportunities to volunteer or provide input on the coalition's priorities.
Become an Individual Member or renew your membership HERE or download and return a MEMBER FORM. Individual members are encouraged to renew their membership annually. Renewing your membership helps us know we can still count on your support on our campaigns and allows us to connect more personally with you as a member.
If you would like to become a member or renew your membership without paying a fee, click here to sign up for a free individual membership. We would love for you to sign up for membership in our coalition even if you are not donating at this time. Your voice and active membership are just as important in supporting our campaigns as we defend and strengthen public health care across the province. If you are an organization seeking membership and not planning on paying dues, please contact the BCHC office at [email protected].